PIB program Football Development West China
Orange Sports Forum started a PIB programme in cooperation with a consortium of Dutch companies (Partners for International Business) West China, with a focus on Xi’an, Chongqing & Chengdu. The consortium collaborates with the Dutch government (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports, the Dutch Embassy in Beijing and the Dutch Consulate General in Chongqing, Shanghai and Guangzhou), during a multi-year programme that focusses on football development. The program started in 2017 and the current participants of the consortium are: Crown Licensing, Feyenoord, Vekoma Rides Manufacturing, Zwarts en Jansma Architects , GP Smart Stadiums, Royal HaskoningDHV, Yalp, Share Logistics, Ahoy, VDL Seating Systems, Corbel Partners, Royal Ten Cate, TNO, Shaded Dome Technologies, Holland Football University and Orange Sports Forum
They want to build sustainable relationships to share their expertise related to football and to stimulate football development in China. The PIB programme contains three main topics:
- Sports facilities
- Training and coaching
- Education programs & tools
With the multi-year cooperation, the consortium organizes several activities and events per year, like trade mission, invite Chinese business relations to the Netherlands, create promotion material, participate in exhibition and fairs in China, et cetera. Please see a few examples below.
- Promotion video of the Dutch delegation. Click here for the video.
- Flyer with an introduction to our partnership (Chinese). Click here for the flyer
- Trade mission to Xi’an and Chongqing, October 2017. Click here for the report of the trade mission.
- Trade mission to Zhuhai (Soccerex China) and Chengdu, May 2018. Click here for the report of the trade mission.
- Orange Pavilion at the Smart China Expo in Chongqing, August 2018. Click here for the report of the trade mission.
- Trade mission to Xi’an, Chengdu and Haikou (Soccerex China), May 2019. Click here for the report of the trade mission.
During the past few years, several Dutch companies signed partnerships with Chinese companies, resulting in a few amazing projects. One of the projects is the Football Community WePark. The first two WeParks in China are opened in 2019 in the city of Chengdu and Wuhan. Please see an introduction of the WePark via de video’s below: