Orange Sports Forum is one of the partners in the recently approved Erasmus + project: European Institute for Hockey (EIH). The EIH is a continuation of previous projects of the European Hockey Federation, for the development and professionalization of hockey in Europe.
The development of the EIH (European Institute for Hockey) aims to stimulate the growth of the affiliated hockey associations. The EHF is developing a world-class education program with the EIH. This ultimately results in more knowledge exchange between the unions, by setting up educational programs, deploying mentors and facilitating the right learning environment. The development of the EIH (European Institute for Hockey) is based on four pillars that contribute to the sustainable and high-quality development of the European hockey federations.
- Governance, leadership and management
- The athletes are central, including a dual career
- Develop basic requirements for qualified coaches and personnel for talent development
- Develop basic requirements for qualified officials for talent development
INTELLECTUAL OUTCOMES, the future
The EIH ultimately forms a bridge between the national federations and is committed to developing various competences for managerial positions within hockey. The EIH provides career guidance and support through educational programs and business opportunities for the dual careers of hockey players.
Emphasizing the importance of education, development and knowledge transfer in sport will be important in the project, as well as analyzing the key findings to enable the sustainability and transferability of the intellectual outputs.
In order to achieve the objectives, it was important to involve the right partners in the project. The current partners are therefore a representative reflection of the European hockey federations, thanks to the diversity based on size, available resources, countries and regions, et cetera. In addition to the hockey associations, the business community is also associated with this project. The business community has a lot of knowledge and is important in the output of the project. In addition, the business community can play a major role for semi-professional hockey players, by combining top sport and a business career. Orange Sports Forum also plays an important role in this.
NEWS & PRESS RELEASED
- April 2021: Press release and information about the first transitional meeting of the European Institute for Hockey: https://lnkd.in/e5SnHgv
- Juli 2021: Press release and information about the second transitional meeting of the European Institute for Hockey: https://eurohockey.org/2021/07/02/the-ehf-institute-a-second-transnational-meeting/
See more information about this project via: Article European Institute of Hockey_EHF – Erasmus+